Easy to prepare and packed with nutrients the quinoa and chicken stir-fry that’s packed with vibrant veggies. This simple yet flavorful dish is perfect for a quick and nourishing mid-week meal that the whole family will love.
Convenience is a top priority for many households and quick and easy meals check all the boxes. However, it is entirely possible to enjoy both convenience and health simultaneously, as we will demonstrate with this delectable quinoa and chicken stir fry recipe. Embrace the best of both worlds by preparing a dish that is both time-efficient and nourishing.
Naturopath, Christina Bodilly, has shared her healthy and cost-effective quinoa and chicken stir fry recipe and we can’t wait to try it!
Chicken breast is not only an exceptional provider of lean protein, but also a rich source of essential nutrients like vitamin B, vitamin D, calcium, iron, zinc, and even trace amounts of vitamin A and vitamin C. Nonetheless, feel free to substitute chicken with other lean protein options such as beef or tofu, to suit your preferences.
How to Make Quinoa Chicken Stir-Fry
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups bone broth, made from the Nutra Organics Concentrate paste.
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion thinly sliced.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger, or more if desired.
- 1 red capsicum thinly sliced.
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup snap peas
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari for gluten-free
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste, I prefer white pepper over black in this recipe.
- Optional: chopped spring onions and/or coriander.
To make the quinoa and chicken stir fry:
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly under cold water. This removes the bitter compounds and ensures any dirt or contaminants are removed.
- In a saucepan, combine the rinsed quinoa and bone broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is tender. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the sliced chicken and cook until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the frying pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the onion, and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes until the onion becomes translucent. You can add a little water to avoid sticking.
- Add the capsicum, broccoli, and snap peas to the frying pan. Stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes or until the vegetables are tender but still crisp.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, ginger, and honey. Pour the mixture over the vegetables in the frying pan and stir to coat evenly.
- Return the cooked chicken to the frying pan and add the cooked quinoa. Stir everything together and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped green onions and/or coriander.
- Serve the quinoa and chicken stir-fry hot and enjoy your balanced meal!
- Freeze your fresh ginger in a zip lock bag, it will mince into a paste when frozen and grated and does not affect the health benefits of the ginger.
- Frozen veggies are also a great option in stir fries, opt for snap frozen veg as these have high nutritional values and are often more cost effective then fresh veggies.
- You can add any veggies you like to a stir fry, mix it up to create diverse nutrient profiles in your meals.
For more nourishing recipes, book a consultation with Whole Body Health & Wellness Naturopath, Christina Bodilly. Call 5200 1044 or book online here.